Intermediary Relending Program (IRP)
The Intermediary Relending Program (IRP) is designed to assist small businesses in the more rural areas including communities with a population of 25,000 or less in South Central Kansas. IRP is for direct loans of $250,000 or less with a 25% match from other source(s) required. Loan proceeds may be used primarily for land and building, machinery and equipment, or inventory and working capital. SCKEDD can provide direct loans to qualified applicants.
- – - – -
Your business could be eligible for the IRP Loan Program if it meets the following standards:
- Maximum loan is $250,000; 25% match required.
- Collateral must be a 1st or co-1st position for SCKEDD.
- Financing for most business needs; no refinancing.
- Turn-down from lender necessary.
- No job creation requirement, but to maximum extent possible, encourages employment of low-income persons, farm, and displaced families.
Interest Rate and Repayment
- Primary industry and non-profits: fixed rate of New York Prime plus 1%.
- Other businesses: fixed rate of New York Prime plus 1.5%
- Minimum: fixed rate of 9%.
- Term determined by average project life of: Land and building = 25 years, machinery and equipment = 7-10 years, inventory and working capital = 5-7 years.
- No penalty for prepayment.
- Total portfolio = $2 million.
- All SCKEDD counties except for the cities of Wichita and Hutchinson.
- Davis-Bacon does not apply.
For More Information Contact
Christie Henry, Lending Program Manager
9730 E. 50th Street N.
Bel Aire, Kansas 67226