The Weatherization Assistance Program is the nation’s LARGEST residential energy efficiency program. Very simply, weatherization improves heating efficiency and fuel savings by ensuring your home holds in heat and air-conditioning, while keeping hot and cold air out. At NO CHARGE to the client, income eligible families receive a comprehensive home assessment which includes repair or replacement of heating systems, insulation and caulking.
The Kansas Weatherization Assistance Program provides housing improvements that increase energy efficiency in income-eligible, single- or multi-family dwellings, including manufactured homes. Weatherization services may include:
- Weather-stripping and/or caulking around windows and doors.
- Cleaning, testing, repairs or replacement of heating and/or cooling systems.
- Refrigerator testing and possible replacement.
- Adding insulation to walls, ceilings or foundation areas.
- Infiltration reduction.
- Addressing indoor air quality issues
This program is coordinated throughout the region by SCKEDD in the following counties: Allen, Barber, Bourbon, Chautauqua, Cherokee, Cowley, Crawford, Elk, Harper, Kingman, Labette, Linn, McPherson, Montgomery, Neosho, Pratt, Reno, Rice, Sedgwick, Stafford, Sumner, Wilson and Woodson.
- Eligible recipients apply directly to SCKEDD.
- If you are inside Wichita and would like to apply, please call (316) 425-8844
For More Information Contact:
Jodi Suhler, Weatherization/CDBG Director
9730 E. 50th Street N.
Bel Aire, Kansas 67226