About the Weatherization Grant
The Kansas Weatherization Assistance Program provides housing improvements that increase energy efficiency in income-eligible, single- or multi-family dwellings, including manufactured homes. Weatherization services may include:
- Weather-stripping and/or caulking around windows and doors.
- Cleaning, testing, repairs or replacement of heating and/or cooling systems.
- Refrigerator testing and possible replacement.
- Adding insulation to walls, ceilings or foundation areas.
- Infiltration reduction.
- Addressing indoor air quality issues
This program is coordinated throughout the region by SCKEDD in the following counties: Barber, Chautauqua, Cowley, Elk, Harper, Kingman, McPherson, Rice, Reno, Pratt, Stafford, Sedgwick and Sumner.
- Eligible recipients apply directly to SCKEDD.
- If you are outside of Wichita and would like to apply, please call 1-800-658-1742
- If you are inside Wichita and would like to apply, please call 316-262-7035
For More Information Contact:
Jodi Suhler, Weatherization/CDBG Director
200 W. Douglas, Suite 710
Wichita, Kansas 67202