SCKEDD offers grants for homeowners and communities. Grants for homeowners provide services for home weatherization, repair or rehabilitation. Community grants are available for Community Improvement, such as housing rehabilitation, community facilities, water and sewer; Rural Development, such as water and waste and development of public community facilities; and Public Works to provide infrastructure needed by a benefiting company resulting in expansion/creation of jobs.

Weatherization Application

Weatherization Income Guidelines

SCKEDD professionals will work directly you to determine your eligibility for our grant services.


Weatherization Grant
If you need energy saving repairs made to your home, you may qualify for assistance at no cost.

Who is Eligible?
Eligibility is based on household income relative to federal low-income guidelines. If a household contains a member who receives Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) benefits or utility assistance from the Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP), the household is automatically considered eligible for weatherization services.

Housing Preservation Grant (HPG)
If you live in low income housing in Kingman County, you may quality for up to $1,800.00 toward rehabilitation for your home.

This program provides grants to sponsoring organizations for the repair or rehabilitation of housing occupied by low and very low income people.


Community Improvement (CDBG)
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program is a flexible program that provides communities with resources to address a wide range of unique community development needs. This program covers issues such as water and sewer needs, senior centers, community centers, streets, sidewalks, other urgent needs, slum and blight information, and housing- as well as KAN-Step information.

Who can apply?
All incorporated cities or counties in Kansas that do not receive an annual Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) entitlement allocation from Housing and Urban Development (HUD) are eligible to apply to the Kansas CDBG Program.

Rural Development
This grant program focuses on community facility and water and sewer grants. They reduce water and waste disposal costs, as well as develop essential community facilities.

Economic Development Administration
The EDA is used to provide infrastructure to assist companies in their growth.